Position Title: Manager – Master Data Governance Services & Solutions
Major Department: Information Technology
Report To: Director – Supply Chain Management Services & Solutions
Responsible for creating and supporting SAP and related solutions for client’s Master Data processes and governance including the design, configuration and implementation of SAP MDG and related modules to effectively meet documented business requirements. This role will also create functional documentation for enhancements, integrations, and data conversions associated with Master Data Governance and related SAP modules. This role will also coordinate activities between data owners in the business, centralized master file team and IT to deliver master data governance solutions to the organization.
The Manager – Master Data Governance Services & Solutions is an expert in the functionality of SAP Master Data (Materials, Customers, Vendors, etc…) and related SAP modules. They will lead and architect the execution of design, build, test, change and implementation activities for Master Data Governance Solutions at Clients using Solution Manager.
Position Responsibilities/Major Duties
The Manager – Master Data Governance Services & Solutions will oversee activities that optimize value, cost and risk of SAP Master Data Governance applications:
- Execute the vision, strategy, roadmap and implementation of performance indicators and supporting metrics and trends for SAP Master Data solutions and SAP related 3rd party applications.
- Own and lead overall SAP MDG functional and technical activities in partnership with Business Relationship Management Supply Chain Team, SAP Development, SAP Analytics teams and the SAP managed and SAP related 3rd party Supply Chain application service providers.
- Design, configure, test and implement SAP Master Data solutions.
- Mentor SAP Analysts.
- Create architectural and functional design documents for enhancements, integrations, and data conversions.
- Continually assess the impact of emerging SAP technologies against strategic business needs and interpret business value for the leadership team in a consultative capacity.
- Ensure the consistency and maintainability of new and existing SAP master data applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing technical and quality standards, guidance and reference architectures.
- Perform day-to-day management of the SAP MDG applications organization (including staffing and other relevant management functions) and hold all MDG application delivery teams accountable for optimizing the cost, risk and value of SAP applications and SAP related 3rd party applications throughout their life cycle.
- Lead efforts to ensure the workplace environment supports a highly motivated and effective workforce focused on continuous improvement and best practices.
- Manage SAP MDG applications personnel, developing their skills and capabilities to meet the needs of the organization, as well as building on existing recruiting capabilities to address new needs and skills gaps.
- Develop productive relationships with business leaders across the organization to influence how SAP MDG applications can enable new sources of value.
- Manage relationship with managed service provider to ensure they cost-effectively meet the needs of the organization.
- Execute and enhance methodologies (i.e. Agile, Waterfall) and practices for the application life cycle management in line with best practice and practical experience of continuous improvement.
- Ensure that supply chain applications processes (including those of external service providers) are conducted in line with corporate social responsibility, environmental and technical policies and applicable standards and legislation.
- Implement and manage application life cycle management status reporting, metrics and benchmarks for SAP MDG and SAP related 3rd party applications
- Oversee the SAP MDG applications organization’s successful delivery of business outcomes in partnership with business colleagues.
- Oversee support activities in conjunction with infrastructure and operations to ensure SAP Master Data Governance applications perform to Clients’ standards.
- Seek out continuous improvement opportunities and provide input and recommendations.
- Perform other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including, but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures.
Manager – Master Data Governance Services & Solutions must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with functional / technical staff, business stakeholders and IT management.
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to nontechnical people to enhance understanding and drive decisions that lead to positive outcomes.
- Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix-management environment (as well as external vendors and service providers) to ensure that segregation and overlapping roles are identified and coordinated.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to perform under pressure and management of multiple priorities with competing demands for resources.
- Strong analytical, data-processing and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in process formulation and improvement.
- Excellent writing proficiency, visual design, and presentation skills required.
- High degree of proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
The Manager – Master Data Governance Services & Solutions must have in-depth knowledge and experience of the following:
- SAP technical and functional architecture, data model along with new and emerging SAP capabilities.
- SAP capabilities in a majority of the following SAP Master Data domain areas: Materials, Customers, Vendors, Assets, Equipment, Bill of Materials, GL Accounts, Cost Centers, etc…
- Strong working knowledge of SAP MDG, CRM, ECC and BW applications.
- Strong working knowledge of SAP MDG in relation to master data standards
- Industry trends, best practices especially with respect to the CPG industry with a Direct Store and Warehouse Delivery business model.
- IT applications, operations, service and support organizations.
- Development and implementation of processes and policies.
Expert knowledge of data processing systems, concepts, and methodologies; demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Experience integrating SAP MDG solutions into a broad array of non-legacy technologies and architectures.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in SAP application design, development, quality assurance and implementation processes.
- Experience leading SAP teams at a functional level including the creation of architecture standards, reference architectures and data models.
- 1 year of demonstrated leadership experience building cross-organizational consensus with exposure to technology providers and/or business clients.
- Experience integrating SAP Master Data Governance solutions into a broad array of non-legacy technologies and architectures.
An undergraduate or postgraduate degree in computer science, information systems, software engineering, finance, business management, engineering or a related field. MIS, CIS or business-related degree is preferred.