You will build tech that empowers global businesses.
Our client’s cloud engineering teams are working on building, a unified, global, open data ecosystem powered by Microsoft Azure. Their clients around the world rely on these data and insights to innovate and grow.
As a Cloud Engineer, you’ll be part of a team of smart, highly skilled technologists who are passionate about Site Reliability Engineering, Cloud Services and prototyping cutting-edge technologies. You will be responsible for managing, developing and scaling our infrastructure, while working on our development, automation, and monitoring systems. You will be working with many technologies including GCP, Azure, Docker, Datadog, Terraform, Helm, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Consul, GitLab, Artifactory, Redis, and Postgres. They process over a petabyte of data every single week, manage it in the latest cloud technology, and build best-in-class analytical tools to add transparency and efficiency to the consumer goods market at a scale that no other company is able to achieve. They value CI/CD in everything that we develop. The team is co-located and agile, with central technology hubs in Chicago, Toronto, Madrid and Chennai.
What you’ll do
- Improve automation and decrease release cycle duration repeatedly leveraging Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Packer, Jenkins, etc.
- Expand and automate our monitoring systems across all applications and services streamline the deployment of our applications to Kubernetes.
- Develop internal tooling for automating the deployment of applications across our environment
- Leverage multiple first- and third-party data sources and develop highly efficient data access RESTful APIs against data stored Relational and NoSQL databases
- Work on moving containerized services to Kubernetes
- Research and implement automated improvements to how to manage the company infrastructure
- Take a complex problem, find out a technical solution and implement it.
We’re looking for people who have experience with:
- 3+ years of applicable experience, hungry to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Experience managing Build infrastructure, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipelines leveraging infrastructure as code with tools like ArgoCD, Gitlab, Jenkins and observability tools like Datadog or New Relic.
- Experience with modern cloud infrastructure environments and platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure preferred).
- Experience with configuring, managing, scaling and securing cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with cloud automation/orchestration technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, ARM, Terraform, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Linux shell scripting, Azure CLI, python, Powershell or Ansible playbook
- Experience of CI/CD pipeline tools such as Jenkins, and writing Jenkins files and Dockerfiles.
- Passion for solving problems and iterating quickly
- Hungry to learn and adapt to new technologies
- an Azure Associate or Professional Certification or equivalent experience
- Experience managing and automating large scale cloud deployments
- Knowledge on static/dynamic code analysis tools such as SonarQube, Checkmarx, Prisma Compute
- Knowledge of SQL/NoSQL databases (MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB)
- Strong foundation in programming, algorithms, and software application design
Job Title: Azure Cloud Engineer
Job Location:100% remote for now- eventual onsite in Tampa, FL or Chicago, IL
Compensation: Salary sweet spot is $120k base, 10% bonus potential (determined by individual and company performance), a sign-on bonus could be a possibility for strong candidates. The range for the band is $110-140k /yr.
Location: Chicago is the preference, then Tampa Bay because the position is remote for now but hopefully not for long. Won’t be five days a week, even when they move to on-site work. They will continue to be hybrid. 100% remote is acceptable for these positions, though preference is Chicago or Tampa Bay regional folks that can get into an office with some frequency.
Q: What makes this job interesting or exciting?
A: Large company, large tech org on-prem and in the cloud. They work with a tremendous amount of data, process petabytes a week, have multiple petabytes of data. This team succeeds by accelerating our move into the cloud. Great opportunity to make an immediate impact. Roots in media, a spinoff that catalyzed this new entity, privately owned (Backed by Advent/Goldman Sachs), a lot of investment in the technology. They’re focused on future-proofing their business. There is a lot of excitement and buzz; this is not the company of the past, a lot of vigor towards growing the business and taking the company public with an aggressive 3–5 year roadmap.
Must have skills and behaviors:
- Attitude and Aptitude – Hungry to learn and adapt to new technologies, have the intellectual curiosity and ability to acquire new skills quickly.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools
- Experience with cloud automation/orchestration technologies
- Experience with scripting languages
- 2+ years of Azure experience