Primary Position Purpose:
The candidate in this position will be expected to bring their Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) experience to the table and use all the tools and techniques available within SRE to build very reliable, low maintenance applications and platform integrations. The candidate must be seasoned in on-premise and cloud development techniques, and have the ability to analyze legacy code and be responsible for modifications that align with our standard development framework(s). Further, they will be used to working within a recognized security framework and delivering code that withstands stringent security reviews.
In this role, the candidate will largely work with best of breed Software as a Service (SaaS) and Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) products, with some customizations and enhancements. Integrating these at the data and user level into seamless holistic solutions is an overarching goal.
Development therefore requires experience with classic APIs, web end points and direct structured and unstructured data access. Although not a long-term expectation, the role will require a certain amount of hands-on operational support, while the team works through the legacy technical debit that requires re-work.
CRITICAL SKILLS – Hands-on proficiency with all, or most of the following is expected:
- Microsoft platform development (.NET, .NET Core, and PowerShell)
- Rest APIs
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure SQL
- Developing holistic enterprise solutions
- Experience in an environment large, complex data sets
Although expected to operate under guidance of the architectural team, the individuals in this role are given significant autonomy, and expected to continue to bring innovate thought to the surface.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the entire portfolio of internal and external customers, where the IT supports the business and serve as an IT subject matter expert
- Strive to make SRE principles an everyday part of the organization’s DNA
- Continue to forward the organization’s DevOps initiatives, embracing robust testing and CI/CD
- Partner with colleagues to identify and eliminate all prioritized technical debt
- Communicate with internal, and occasionally external customers, on technical and non-technical matters and perform continuous process improvement across our products and services
- Decompose high-level business and user expectations into functional deliverables. Identify re-work opportunities vs. re-write, ensuring the end product conforms to our SRE objectives
- Design and implement custom workflows across disparate applications. Evaluate native capabilities within a tool vs. custom development, recommend and adopt the best strategy
- Be accountable for the produced products, and accountable to the operations team for all deliverables, supporting and continually enhancing solutions to stamp out predictable failure
- Be proficient in supporting both self-hosted COTS and custom tools and cloud services
- Leverage a deep understanding of secure coding and testing, meeting compliance and security best practice
- Communicate pre-planned maintenance schedules and unplanned outages to application users
- Comment code, and document all customizations to satisfy internal user and audit requirements
- Ensure all work conforms to the organization’s development and platform security expectations, and are maintained and operated in a manner consistent with the compliance and regulatory requirements of our client and our clients
- Ensure good service, systems documentation and change management is maintained
Desired Experience / Qualifications:
- BS/BA with at least 15 years of relevant work experience preferred
- At least 10 years of progressive Enterprise Application and Data Integration development.
- At least 5 years in a SRE role or demonstratable equivalent position
- A minimum 5 years of application re-engineering and writing self-correcting code
- At least 5 years of application/data support experience in an environment large, complex data sets
- At least 5 years of experience in both cloud and on-premise environments
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience with the following:
- Microsoft platform development (.NET, .NET Core, and PowerShell)
- Microsoft Azure constructs, application development platforms, and service offerings, including Data Factory
- A solid understanding of APIs, backend web service development, and data access
- Microsoft SQL Server development (DBA experience a plus)
- Building ETL/ELT packages using SSIS
- DevOps and common orchestration tools
- At least one industry standard Software Development Lifecycle
- Familiarity with industry standard development pipeline (source code repositories, continuous integration, continuous deployment, testing, etc.)
- At least one industry source code repository (GitHub, Git Lab, Bitbucket)
- Extensive experience with unit testing, QA/QC, and operational troubleshooting
- Experience working and partnering with 3rd party service providers
- A high awareness and comprehension of security and compliance requirements and industry practices
- Ensure client-to-us communication is excellent at all times
- Provide assistance with the business operations, changes and challenges of our internal and external clients
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the organization and adhere to all organizational technology standards
- Responsible for communicating / promoting IT standards and best practice, ensuring they are followed throughout all venues and internal systems
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills required
- Must be detail oriented, organized, service oriented and responsible.
- Able to analyze user needs, problem-solving and reach acceptable solutions.
- Strong customer service and presentation skills
- Able to motivate themselves and a team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Eagerness to work in a rapidly changing, diverse environment and a willingness to accept ownership and responsibility of the IT they manage to ensure its 24×7 availability
- Able to perform effectively with supervision, either independently or as a team member.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information and systems
- Knowledge of security, compliance requirements and practices
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk or a combination of the three for up to 10 hours a day
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be regularly available and willing to work at least 8 hours per day, five days per week, or such other hours per day or hours per week as we determine are necessary or desirable to meet business needs
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as we determine are necessary or desirable to meet internal business needs
- Will be required to carry a cell phone at all times and expected to respond to urgent calls in a timely manner. This may require remote or occasional on-site support
U.S. Citizens and all those authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.